By John Ferguson Smart
BDD in Action teaches you the Behavior-Driven improvement version and exhibits you ways to combine it into your present improvement strategy. First you are going to the way to observe BDD to standards research to outline beneficial properties that attention your improvement efforts on underlying enterprise objectives. Then, you will discover the right way to automate reputation standards and use exams to steer and record at the improvement technique. alongside the way in which, you will observe BDD ideas on the coding point to write down extra maintainable and higher documented code.
Purchase of the print publication features a loose book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
You cannot write solid software program should you do not comprehend what it is speculated to do. Behavior-Driven improvement (BDD) encourages groups to exploit dialog and urban examples to accumulate a shared realizing of the way an program should still paintings and which positive aspects actually matter. With an rising physique of top practices and complex new instruments that help in requirement research and attempt automation, BDD has turn into a scorching, mainstream practice.
About the Book
BDD in Action teaches you BDD ideas and practices and exhibits you ways to combine them into your present improvement technique, it doesn't matter what language you utilize. First, you are going to follow BDD to specifications research so that you can concentration your improvement efforts on underlying company targets. Then, you will find find out how to automate attractiveness standards and use assessments to lead and file at the improvement procedure. alongside the way in which, you will follow BDD ideas on the coding point to write down extra maintainable and higher documented code.
No past adventure with BDD is required.
- BDD idea and practice
- How BDD will have an effect on your team
- BDD for reputation, integration, and unit testing
- Reporting and dwelling documentation
About the Author
John Ferguson Smart is a expert in BDD, automatic checking out, and software program lifecycle improvement optimization.
Table of Contents
- Building software program that makes a difference
- BDD—the whirlwind tour
- Understanding the enterprise objectives: function Injection and comparable techniques
- Defining and illustrating features
- From examples to executable specifications
- Automating the scenarios
- From executable requirements to rock-solid computerized recognition tests
- Automating recognition standards for the UI layer
- Automating attractiveness standards for non-UI requirements
- BDD and unit testing
- Living Documentation: reporting and undertaking management
- BDD within the construct process