By Cameron Buchanan
- Learn instant penetration trying out with Kali Linux, the most recent new release of Backtrack
- Detect hidden instant networks and notice their names
- Explore complicated wireless hacking recommendations together with rogue entry aspect internet hosting and probe sniffing
- Develop your encryption cracking abilities and achieve an perception into the tools utilized by attackers and the underlying applied sciences that facilitate those attacks
As instant networks develop into ubiquitous in our lives, instant penetration trying out has develop into a key ability within the repertoire of the pro penetration tester. The Kali Linux safety distribution comes with a myriad of instruments used for networking assaults and detecting safety loopholes.
Kali Linux instant Penetration checking out Beginner's advisor offers instant pentesting from the floor up, introducing all parts of penetration checking out with every one new know-how. study numerous instant trying out methodologies by way of instance, from the fundamentals of instant routing and encryption via to specified insurance of hacking equipment and assaults corresponding to the Hirte and Caffe Latte.
What you are going to learn
- Create a instant lab in your experiments
- Sniff out instant packets and hidden networks
- Capture and crack WPA-2 keys
- Discover hidden SSIDs
- Explore the bits and bobs of instant technologies
- Sniff probe requests and music clients via SSID history
- Attack radius authentication systems
- Sniff instant site visitors and gather fascinating data
- Decrypt encrypted site visitors with stolen keys
About the Authors
Vivek Ramachandran has been operating in instant safety due to the fact 2003. He found the Caffe Latte assault and likewise broke WEP Cloaking, a WEP security schema, publicly in 2007 at DEF CON. In 2011, he was once the 1st to illustrate how malware may well use wireless to create backdoors, worms, or even botnets. past, he used to be one of many programmers of the 802.1x protocol and Port protection in Cisco's 6500 Catalyst sequence of switches and was once additionally one of many winners of the Microsoft safety Shootout contest held in India between a said 65,000 individuals. he's top recognized within the hacker group because the founding father of SecurityTube.net, the place he regularly posts movies on wireless safety and exploitation techniques.
Cameron Buchanan is an skilled penetration tester, having labored in a massive variety of industries. he's additionally the writer of Packt's Kali Linux CTF Blueprints.
Table of Contents
- Wireless Lab Setup
- WLAN and its Inherent Insecurities
- Bypassing WLAN Authentication
- WLAN Encryption Flaws
- Attacks at the WLAN Infrastructure
- Attacking the Client
- Advanced WLAN Attacks
- Attacking WPA-Enterprise and Radius
- WLAN Penetration checking out Methodology
- WPS and Probes